Saturday, March 17, 2018

Communication is key

Alright everyone we are discussing communication in marriage. Communication is a huge topic! Today however i don't want to discuss all there is to know about healthy communication in marriage. I am rather going to discuss the goods and the bads behind good communication.
Now we have verbal and non verbal communication that i'd like to focus on. I know for me an my family, that when Dad gave us that look we knew that he was frustrated. That was a way of communication. Yelling, laughing, speaking, and even the tone in which we speak can all be misinterpreted by the listener. So how do make sure that what we are hearing or saying is being heard or communicated properly? I think it takes a good listener. It can be hard to communicate on some topics however the principle of listening anf repeating back to that person what you think they said can be very valuable. For example If my wife just explained to me that every time I say that joke it makes her unconformable, I can say, " So correct me if im wrong but is this what our saying?" This helps the communicator know that you were trying to really listen and understand. Now, i could've been upset that she was upset at me and the conversation could've been very different, but a good listener listens with patience and love. It can be hard to convey to anyone your thoughts and feelings, but as we do our best to do so, our marriages can flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment